Monday, July 30, 2007

Just 4 Days to Lollapalooza!

On August 3rd thru 5th, Lollapalooza takes over Grant Park in Chicago and transforms it into one of the nation’s best urban music festivals. Friends who went last year had the time of their lives, so I’m looking forward to checking it out for myself.

I’m especially looking forward to seeing Daft Punk on their first tour in a decade, and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen Iggy Pop (and never before with the Stooges!) I also want to see TV on the Radio again. They were my favorite act from the 2006 Austin City Limits Festival, and I’ve literally ordered people to go see them since then!
Some of the bands I hope to see for the first time include . . .

  • Modest Mouse
  • Spoon
  • Tapes ‘n Tapes
  • Polyphonic Spree
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • MIA
  • Blonde Redhead
  • Soulive

Not to mention old favorites Yo La Tengo, Sparklehorse, and LCD Soundsystem.

I encourage you to take this opportunity to visit Chicago’s lakefront and experience this incredible concentration of good music!

No comments: