Monday, July 16, 2007

Pictures from John Doe and Dead Rock West

I don't expect to have a chance to write a detailed review of this show. I need to be up early tomorrow for a business trip, and my buddy Aaron from Munich rolls into town tomorrow evening en route to 10KLF. All I will say is that my instincts were right on - this was a great, great show - full of powerful performances and fun song selections. . . like the encore A Case of You (yes, Joni Mitchell) and Gimme Shelter. Lots of material from A Year in the Wilderness - which I really enjoy and recommend. Dead Rock West was very solid in the opening slot as well as backing up John.



Frank Lee Drennen and Cindy Wasserman of Dead Rock West
He knew how to use these effects, too!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey bill - nice to meet you last night and i can't believe you went home and posted this. great show and i have to say that cindy wasserman did a great job considering she wasn't a permanent part of john doe's band. now maybe todd will back off.