Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Don't Miss a Chance to See The National!

The National arrives in Madison this Saturday night (5/9/07) at the High Noon Saloon, following a sold out European tour and 5 straight sold out nights at the Bowery in NYC.

Sometimes I overplan an activity, and other times I'm too casual about it. I got burned earlier this week, when I thought I could waltz up to the door at the High Noon (as I so often do) and buy tickets for the John Butler Trio. My friend, Robbo, had recommended this show - and I trust his musical sensibilities. But as I prepared to post a reminder about the show for you, dear reader, a few days before, I discovered that it had already sold out!!

DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU! Order your tickets from High Noon right now to see The National + Shapes and Sizes + Talkdemonic! Showtime is 9:30 PM / $12 cover; 18 AND UP

Here's how the High Noon describes the show:

"In its music, The National finds ways to combine the expressive depth of composed music with the urgency of pop. It's a sound built with guitar, bass, piano and drums and festooned with brass, woodwinds, backing vocals, strings, and organs. Their past albums have received rave reviews and comparison to artists such as Leonard Cohen, Will Oldham, Silver Jews, and even Tom Waits.

Joining them on tour, from Montreal, Shapes and Sizes wrote the melody that apexes in your brain when you were told for the first time that a tomato was really a fruit and that everything you’ve ever believed with certainty was a lie.

Not to be outdone, Talkdemonic open with their brand of self-described "Folktronic Hop - indie rock rooted in instrumental hip-hop." Critics have compared them to a band like Mogwai or Godspeed You Black Emperor playing short pop songs where the lead singer happens to be a viola."

No comments: