Thursday, June 28, 2007

Upcoming Shows - Spoon

One thing I like about going to see live music is that I always get energized and excited by the anticipation of the show. And when I’m already a fan of the band, I pull out my whole collection of their music and listen to it again in preparation. So naturally I’ve been recently listening to my Spoon albums - Girls Can Tell, Kill the Moonlight and Gimme Fiction – and enjoying them all thoroughly. . .

As some of you already know, Spoon is one of my favorite bands and "Gimme Fiction" is one of my favorite albums from last year. It was definitely part of my Summer ‘06 soundtrack! Their new album - “Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga” - holds that same potential for me! It's scheduled for release on July 10th, but for the time being it is being streamed in its entirety at http://www.mergerecords.com/gagagajuke/ So check it out! (I think its great, and have already placed my pre-order with Merge.)

Spoon plays on Thursday, July 5th at 10pm on the U.S. Cellular Connection Stage at Summerfest. Highly recommended.


http://www.myspace.com/spoon

No comments: